Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich, delicious brownie bars. Serves a crowd.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2⁄3 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter together. Remove pan from heat and mix in sugar, eggs, vanilla and Kahlua. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Spread in prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees, 25 to 30 minutes or until batter starts to pull away from sides of pan. Cool.
- In a small bowl, mix Kahlua with instant coffee, stirring until coffee is dissolved.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter, powdered sugar and vanilla together. Add coffee mixture and beat until well blended.
- Add milk to desired consistency.
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies.
I made these today to bring to my nieces High School graduation party tonight. The only thing I did different was add pecans to the mix, as we all love nuts! Excellent recipe KelBel!