Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very simple dessert, made with chocolate cake, your favorite liqueur, candy. Make the cake well ahead and the assembly will be a breeze when you want to serve it. Time does not include baking the cake
- 1 chocolate cake, 13 x 9-inches, cooled, cut in bite size cubes (save the rest for later)
- 40 g package chocolate instant pudding, prepared (I had to put in a pkg weight, just use any 4 serving size pudding box, the kind with sugar will weig)
- 118.29 ml liqueur, divided (Kahlua or Frangelico, Amaretto, Goldschlager, whatever you prefer)
- 340.19 g Cool Whip, defrosted
- 1 chocolate toffee candy bar, shattered (Skor)
- Assemble in a 2-quart bowl:.
- Make the pudding as directed and add half of the liqueur before it sets, mixing well.
- Put half of the cake cubes in the bottom of the bowl then pour half of the rest of the liqueur over the cake.
- Spread half of the pudding over the cake then spread half of the Cool Whip over the pudding.
- Repeat layers then break the Skor bar up and sprinkle pieces over the top.
This is just delicious! I made exactly as posted, using kahlua. I did half the recipe. My pudding was a bit thin, but with the cake it all worked. Would love to post a photo, but we are having horrible weather here right now....rain, tornadoes....very unnatural for December here!
I'm not going to give this recipe a rating because I don't think I made it the correct way. I think I misunderstood step 2. I thought it meant to add the liqueur to the pudding before it sets. However, after I did this already, I then read step three (my fault - should have read the directions over entirely) and it seems the liqueur should be poured over the cake cubes and not added to the pudding itself?? Anyway, I did add it to the pudding mixture itself so I don't think mine turned out right. Either way, it still was tasty, but I'll have to try it again before I give it a star rating. Made for Photo Tag.