Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These rich, creamy bars have a wonderful kahlua flavor! I have made these for parties, girl's night out, and office get-togethers. It is always a hit!
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of pan and bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly crispy.
- Cream eggs, cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, brown sugar, and kahlua until well-combined and smooth.
- Pour evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over filling.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Place in fridge for about an hour to allow to cool completely before serving.
I followed this recipe line for line and they turned out great. I am not a big baker, but these were easy and gave a big return on my efforts. I am going to make it for a Christmas party with crushed toffee bars sprinkled over the top. The key with these is to make sure they are COLD before you slice them.
This recipe didn't quite work. There was way too much filling; perhaps it could be cut in half. The Kahlua taste was too pronounced, and made the filling taste a little bitter. The crust was pretty good: thick, buttery, and a bit toffee-like. I ate the crust with just a teeny bit of the filling and some of the chocolate chips, and that was pretty good. It was hard to cut into nice-looking bars. I'll try it again, but with the changes I mentioned above.
Thanks for this recipe. My parents do enjoy a nice glass of Kahlua occasionally. I made this dessert for them. I did substitute 8oz of pureed cottage cheese for half of the cream cheese.