Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
A little different twist to Banana Nut Cake.
Top Review by Audrey M
I made this for dessert tonight and it received rave reviews. I did have to cook it for 60 minutes instead of the suggested 50 minutes. Served it with French vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate syrup. My son had to have a piece as soon as it was done.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- confectioners' sugar, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10 inch tube pan well.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in flour, 1/2 cup at a time.
- ,with remaining ingredients except coconut and nuts.
- Beat on low speed until mixture is well blended.
- On medium speed, beat 2 minutes scraping bowl as you beat.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- Invert on cake rack and cool.
- When fully cooled dust with confectioner's sugar if desired.