Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an extremely easy and yummy Holiday goodie. Put it on your gift trays and hear your friends rave. Can also be made non-alcoholic, if preferred.
- 17 Oreo cookies (do not use double-stuffed)
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- chocolate, for dipping (optional)
- Chop or crush cookies quite fine.
- Measure out 1 1/2 cups of crushed cookies and mix with remaining ingredients except dipping chocolate.
- Form into small balls, about one inch in diameter.
- Roll balls in remaining cookie crumbs (for best results, have the crumbs crushed very fine).
- OR, refrigerate balls for 1 hour and then dip in melted chocolate; return to refrigerator to set chocolate.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- NOTE: If you want to make a non-alcoholic version, just substitute Kahlua flavored syrup, which can be found in the coffee section of most supermarkets.
- Change the liqueur/syrup flavor to make Amaretto Balls, Irish Cream Balls, or whatever suits you.
I did these according to the directions and they were a hit. My daughter took the rest of the tin home with her on x-mas day. Thank you
Easy to make, if you use a coffee grinder. I made the Irish Cream Bars, and they were unbelievably delicious!
I really liked these. My husband said the flavor of the kahlua didn't really come through for him and it just tasted like oreos. However on my second batch I used coffee and some hazelnut syrup and he really like those. I liked both and this recipe is nice in that you can make it simple or a little fancier. Lots of room for experimenting!