Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I originally made this for the Cook-off #10 but I was having internet problems and didn't get it posted in time. Here it is anyway, Enjoy!
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecan pieces
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup craisins
- 8 ounces pineapple, drained
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 -4 tablespoon Kahlua
- Dry pineapple with paper towels. Combine all salad ingredients.
- Beat cream and Kahlua in chilled mixing bowl, until STIFF peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into salad.
When I saw this recipe, I thought it would be either really weird or really good. Since then, I've made it for myself a couple of times just as a treat, so I've decided it's really good. I'm glad I took a chance!
This is a lovely and creative spin on apple salad. I used currants instead of golden raisins, mozzarela cheese and canned whipped cream because I had some I need to use up, and I also used the larger amount of Kahlua. The Kahlua added a subtle and interesting new flavor to the mix. I didn't add a full cup of marshmallows - just kind of sprinkled them on at the end. Thanks for a new and interesting fruit salad!