1 hr 5 mins
Look what Kahlua can do! It adds such taste pleasure and versatility to the traditional apple pie. This pie is outstanding. Recipe source "Kahlua Recipe Book" that I picked up at the local liquor store years ago. Prep time does not include preparing the pie crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line 9" pie pan with half the pastry.
- 2Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 3Peel, core and cut apples into small wedges (about 6 cups).
- 4In 3 quart saucepan, heat apple juice and sugar.
- 5Add apples and cook gently, covered, until almost tender.
- 6Remove with slotted spoon.
- 7Add Kahlua to cooking liquid.
- 8If the liquid measures less than 1 1/4 cups, add more apple juice.
- 9Over medium heat, add butter to cooking liquid.
- 10Blend cornstarch with lemon juice.
- 11Stir into cooking liquid until sauce thickens.
- 12Remove from heat.
- 13Add apples.
- 14Turn into pasty shell.
- 15Cover with top crust, seal and flute edges.
- 16Prick top crust or cut small decorative pattern.
- 17Brush top lightly with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- 18Bake on lower rack, below oven center 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- 19Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kahlua Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (2102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3641.6
- Calories from Fat 1250
- Total Fat 138.9 g
- Saturated Fat 38.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 2084.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 546.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 38.6 g
- Sugars 316.3 g
- Protein 26.9 g