Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Killer combination; posted by request
Top Review by DARLENECONNELL
The frosting for this cupcake was out of this world, but the cupcake was a little dry. It was more like a muffin not a cupcake. I will watch my baking time a little more closely and use only unsalted butter (I used one stick salted and one stick unsalted) if I use this cupcake recipe again. (use unsalted in the frosting as well)
- 1 cup sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°; place 18 paper baking cups in muffin pans.
- In a bowl, combine all the cupcake ingredients; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and pale, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon batter into the cups; bake 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and cool for 5 minutes; then remove cupcakes and cool on a rack.
- Make frosting: beat the powdered sugar and butter in a bowl until soft and creamy.
- Beat in the sour cream, Kahula, and orange zest.
- Swirl onto the cooled cupcakes.