Recipe by AmandaInOz
From Mad About Muffins. One American cup of all-purpose flour weighs 5 ounces.
Top Review by Chickee
Yummy! I love making muffins because they are so easy, and these were no exception. I love recipes with weight quantities as it's much more exact. I did't do the topping, I wasn't too sure about the cream cooking on top? But I think next time I will. Thanks Amanda for a great recipe! (I'll make the other ones soon too, I was just out of cocoa!)
For the batter
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 0.59 ml salt
- 14.79 ml instant coffee
- 170 g muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml Kahlua
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 100 g butter
For the topping
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 30 g demerara sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C for fan assisted).
- Line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl, using the back of a spoon to push the light muscovado sugar through a sieve.
- Combine eggs, Kahlua, cream, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl, and mix with a fork. Try to avoid thickening the cream.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add all wet ingredients to the dry, and fold together with a large metal spoon until just moistened.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Spoon 1/2T of double cream over the muffins, then sprinkle with demerara sugar.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes until the tops spring back gently when pressed.
- Cool on a wire rack.