Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Home made Kahlua recipe from my family. This recipe has more of a vanilla taste than some others, due to the vanilla beans you'll use. Easy to make and delicious!
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate extract
- 750 ml vodka, - 100 proof
- 4 -5 vanilla beans
- In a medium saucepan heat the 2 1/2 cups water, brown sugar and sugar. Stir until dissolved.
- In a bowl mix the instant coffee, 1 cup warm water, vanilla and chocolate extract.
- Add instant coffee mix to the saucepan and cool.
- Add vodka and bottle (dark bottles are needed), putting 1 vanilla bean in each bottle.
- Keep bottled approximately 4-5 weeks before opening, and enjoy!