Prep 20 mins
Cook 672 hrs
Homemade Kahlua for recipes, parties or just cold winter nights. A drink called a "white Russian"--what a way to get our daily calcium requirements. I have to give credit to 123cook.com for this recipe. Have made it for a few years for Christmas
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 vanilla bean (I slice lengthwise)
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (I use a coffee bag)
- 1 quart vodka
- Boil the first 3 ingredients for 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Add vodka.
- Place in a plastic sealed container.
- Shake/stir every few days for 4 weeks.
- Pour into decorator bottles. Makes a great addition to gift baskets.