Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
New Zealand is known for it’s kiwifruit and this is a great way to use them as well as being a kid pleaser. I make this for the little guys when they need a quick, healthy snack. I found this through zespri.com, New Zealands global marketers for most kiwifruit. One interesting fact is that kiwifruit did not originally come from New Zealand, but South East Asia, namely China and were originally known as the “Chinese gooseberry. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 2 green kiwi fruits (or a combo) or 2 gold kiwi fruits (or a combo)
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- Peel and dice the kiwifruit.
- Combine with the tomato, onion, cilantro, and the lemon juice.
- Enjoy as a light snack or pack as part of a healthy school lunch for your child.
Nice light healthy salsa. However I have to disagree on the healthfulness of eating this with tortilla chips (GMO corn). We used organic green kiwis, cilantro, freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus the rest of the ingredients. Served with corn free Beanitos black bean chips which turned out to be a little heavy in flavour for the lightness of this salsa. Made for Healthy Choices Tag Game 2013%u200F.
This was very taste and went quickly! Next time I'll double it so I can send it to school with my kids. Not sure how it'll do refrigerated? Thanks for the GREAT salsa! :)