1/2 Photos of Kaha Bath (Yellow Rice)
We love this rice dish, but you must promise me not to lift the lid as it cooks (I know the disasterous results of that) or read the nutritional panel. A bit high in cals, but worth it occasionally!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash rice and drain thoroughly.
- 2Heat the ghee in a large, heavy based saucepan.
- 3Add the onion, and fry until it begins to turn golden brown.
- 4Add the cloves peppercorns, cardamon pods, turmeric, salt, curry leaves and lemon grass.
- 5Add the rice and fry, stirring continuously for 2-3 minutes, until the rice is well coated with ghee and turmeric, Add the cocnut milk and bring to the boil.
- 6Lower heat, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes without lifting the lid.
- 7When the rice is cooked, the spices will have risen to the top.
- 8Remove spices and leaves used for flavouring and fluff the rice up with a fork Serve hot as part of an indian or Sri Lankan style meal.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kaha Bath (Yellow Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 846.0
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.2 g
- Saturated Fat 45.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 1390.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: