Prep 1 min
Cook 45 mins
A very nice change from your usual burgers
- 1 lb ground lamb
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato puree
- Brown pine nuts in butter.
- Combine lamb, parsley, onion, mint, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and shape into rolls, filling each with 1 tsp pine nuts.
- Place in baking pan and pour tomato puree over rolls.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350F.
This was alright. I thought it a nice idea to have pine nuts which I slightly chopped through the middle of the kafta but I didn't find they played a part in the taste or texture really because the sauce over took everything. I couldn't even taste the mint either which I used fresh instead of dried. Maybe this recipe could be played with but I doubt I will be doing so. I added a crushed garlic clove to the meat which I substituted in ground beef rather than lamb because I couldn't find it available. I had to leave out the parsley which I know should have been in there but I couldn't get any in time. Still I feel this would have been 3 1/4 stars with parsley. I will not be making this again.