Hot and good
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chicken (in smallish bite sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Japanese eggplant (makhua puang - these are small round eggplants)
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons nam pla (fish sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (or a little lime zest)
- 1Cut the chicken up, then briefly fry the curry paste until fragrant, reduce the heat, add the coconut milk slowly, and continue to stir while cooking until a thin film of oil apppears on the surface.
- 2Skim off the oil, and discard it.
- 3Add the chicken and other ingredients except the eggplant.
- 4Bring to a boil and cook until the chicken begins to change colour.
- 5Adjust the flavors to suit yourself.
- 6When it is at a boil again add the eggplant and continue till thechicken is cooked through.
- 7Serve with steamed white Jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for kaeng phet daeng kai (Hot Red Chicken Curry)
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.2
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1421.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
kaffir lime leaves