Hot and good
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chicken (in smallish bite sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Japanese eggplant (makhua puang - these are small round eggplants)
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons nam pla (fish sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (or a little lime zest)
- 1Cut the chicken up, then briefly fry the curry paste until fragrant, reduce the heat, add the coconut milk slowly, and continue to stir while cooking until a thin film of oil apppears on the surface.
- 2Skim off the oil, and discard it.
- 3Add the chicken and other ingredients except the eggplant.
- 4Bring to a boil and cook until the chicken begins to change colour.
- 5Adjust the flavors to suit yourself.
- 6When it is at a boil again add the eggplant and continue till thechicken is cooked through.
- 7Serve with steamed white Jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for kaeng phet daeng kai (Hot Red Chicken Curry)
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.2
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1421.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
kaffir lime leaves