Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Kae Atar Wot is a green pea stew.
- 1 cup dried split green peas
- 4 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, and 2 teaspoons chow (seasoning paste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In pan, cook peas in 3 1/2 cups of the water over low heat for about 1/2 hour, or until the peas are soft and the water has almost completely evaporated.
- Set aside.
- In dry pan, stir fry onions 2 mins, add the oil and stir fry 2 mins more.
- Add the remaining 1/2c water, the tomato paste, chow, and salt, and continue to stir.
- Add the split peas and mix well over moderate heat for 3 mins, until everything is reduced to a thick, well seasoned puree.
- Serve warm with Injera.