Prep 192 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is the traditional style of pickle that is made at my home.
- 5 kg green mangoes
- 150 g salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons kashmiri chili powder
- 50 g fenugreek seeds
- 50 g anise seeds
- 2 tablespoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon black cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons onion seeds
- 6 leaves mace, ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 liter vinegar
- 1 liter oil
- Peel and grate mangoes or shred finely.
- Keep mace, vinegar, cinnamon and nutmeg separately.
- Add remaining ingredients to the grated mangoes.
- Mix well and put in a jar.
- Keep it overnight.
- The following morning, coarsely grind mace and cinnamon.
- Add it to the mango mixture with nutmeg and vinegar.
- Mix well.
- Cover with oil.
- It is ready for eating after 1 week.