Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posting here for safe keeping!
- 2 cups panir (cubed and deep fried to a light brown)
- 3 -4 green chilies (slit a little)
- 1 cup grated onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1⁄2 cup hung curds
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered dry red pepper
- 1 tablespoon powdered coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves, for garnish
- Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds and the bay leaves.
- When the seeds begin to splutter, add the onion and the ginger and garlic pastes. Sauté till brown and fat separates.
- Add the curd, turmeric, salt, garam masala, red pepper and the coriander powder, and stir-fry till the fat separates.
- Add the paneer and the green chillies and sauté over high heat till well mixed.
- Serve hot, garnished with the coriander leaves.
I made it with Tofu instead of panir and it tasted very good.