Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the Weekend magazine, Foodcourt column.
- 5 1⁄2 tablespoons ghee
- 4 teaspoons garlic paste
- 4 tablespoons coriander seeds, pounded with a pestle
- 9 whole red chilies, pounded with a pestle
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 3 cups tomatoes, washed and chopped
- 5 green chilies, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried rose petal
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Heat ghee in an iron-cast wok (kadhai).
- Add garlic paste.
- Saute over low heat until light brown in colour.
- Add the pounded corriander seeds and red chillies.
- Saute for half a minute.
- Add the ginger and green chillies.
- Saute for another half a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook until the ghee separates and floats on the surface.
- Add the rose petals, salt and garam masala.
- Stir and mix well.
- Add the vegetables of your choice and cook until the veggies are tender.
- Serve hot with rotis/naan/parathas/bread- you name it!