1 hr 15 mins
Sandeep Godkhindi's Note:
A spicy Indian Chicken with a distinct flavour of Bell Pepper! Goes well with Indian Naan, Roti or even a Parantha! You can have it with French or Italian Bread as well Note: Spices are given keeping in mind international tastes. Can be increased as per taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken, skinless & jointed
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil (approximately)
- 1 small onion, quartered and individual layers separated
- 1 tomato, separated
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and quartered
- 1Heat oil in a wok.
- 2Add coriander seeds, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaves.
- 3Once oil is hot, add the sliced onions; fry till golden brown.
- 4Add ginger and garlic and fry till onions are dark brown.
- 5Add cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, red chili powder and salt.
- 6Fry the mixture for 5 minutes.
- 7Add chopped tomatoes.
- 8Fry the mixture till the you can see oil separating at the sides.
- 9Add chicken and mix well.
- 10Fry on high heat for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- 11Reduce heat to medium and cook covered.
- 12If the spice mixture is dry add little water.
- 13Keep checking occasionally to see that the spice mixture or the chicken does not burn.
- 14Once chicken is done add the quartered green bell peppers and fry for a minute.
- 15Add onion, quartered; fry for a minute.
- 16Add the quartered tomato and fry for a minute.
- 17The last three ingredients need to be cooked, but should not get mashed.
- 18Remove from heat and serve with your favorite bread.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kadhai Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (571 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 848.3
- Calories from Fat 542
- Total Fat 60.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 236.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 59.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: