Recipe by Missy Wombat
India meets Australia in this Panfried fillet of kangaroo with creamy chilli sauce. Kangaroo is also very low in fat. Whatever you do, don't overcook the meat. Always keep kangaroo on the rare side.
- 500 g kangaroo fillets
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour (atta)
- 1 tablespoon semolina
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- creamy chili sauce (or Creamy curry sauce see separate recipes)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut kangaroo into 6 x 4 cm pieces.
- Beat to tenderise.
- Mix flour, semolina and salt on kitchen paper.
- Coat each piece well with flour.
- Heat oil in nonstick frypan on low-medium heat, brown meat on both sides.
- Cook meat for 2-3 minutes, turning once.
- Do NOT overcook as overcooked kangaroo turns leathery!
- Place meat on serving dish, spoon over with prepared sauce (piping hot).
- Serve garnished with fresh coriander.
- To cook ahead: Coat meat for 8-12 hours ahead and refrigerate in sealed container.
- Prepare sauce of your choice, freeze for up to 4-6 weeks, thaw in fridge.
- Heat and spoon over on cooked meat.
- Cook meat just before serving.
- Great for BBQs.