Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From kenyainformationguide.com. This is a simple salad that is often served with Nyama Choma (Roast Meat).
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped, washed with salted water, and drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed limes or 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup finely chopped cilantro, Dhania or 1 cup parsley
- 3 grated carrots
- Arrange the tomatoes on a serving platter with onions on top.
- Sprinkle the cilantro over the top.
- Place the grated carrots to one side. Splash the lemon juice over all.
- Do not toss.
- Serve cold.
Beautiful salad! Intersting way to prepare the onions; This worked very well!
I used lime juice, but also some African Mint Chutney (#454994) as sauce.