Recipe by Spice girl
A lovely light dish for the summers can be had with any type of khichdi and pickle on the side. Just takes minutes to prepare and the flavour lasts forever. In this summer heat I make it almost every day. All thanks to my MIL from whom I got this simple recipe. Hope you all like it too.
- 2 cups yoghurt
- 1 cup water
- 5 -6 curry leaves
- 2 green chilies, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon green masala (green chilies and garlic)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl beat yoghurt till smooth
- To this add the green masala paste, salt and water.
- Add more water if you do not want a thick consistency just like butter milk.(If you do not have green masala paste on hand then just crush 2 green chilles and 2 cloves garlic and add to the yoghurt).
- Mix well.
- Now heat oil in a saucepan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds chopped or crushed garlic and curry leaves.
- When the seeds start to splutter add green chilies stir for a few seconds and add the yoghurt mix keep stirring this do not boil just heat through and turn of the gas.
- Add the coriander leaves now.
- Now enjoy this as it is or with any type of khichdi.