Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I grew up eating TEX MEX food and this is so good. You can tweek it to your liking. Frito chips make up the "crust" for this pie. I use lean ground beef. You won't be disappointed!
- 2 cups Fritos corn chips, crushed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies, drained (I like Hatch brand)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped 1/4 inch or less
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine corn chips, egg, and water; press into 9-inch pie plate or casserole.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine onion soup mix, ground beef, chiles, and 1/2 cup of the cheese; evenly press into prepared crust.
- Top with tomato sauce, then green pepper.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese, then bake an dditional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and beef is done.