Recipe by Kaccy G.
Yet another Tex-Mex Recipe. I need simple, savory meals like this with a crazy work schedule.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 9 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend tomatoes with onion and garlic in blender.
- Pour in medium saucepan.
- Add pepper, salt and tomato paste.
- Heat until boiling, then simmer 5 to10 minutes.
- Place 3 tortillas in bottom of crock pot.
- Layer on tortillas 1/3 of ground beef, 1/3 tomato sauce and 1/3 Cheddar cheese, then 3 more tortillas.
- Repeat each layer 2 more times, ending with cheese.
- Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours.
- (I usually go 5 hours to keep beef from overcooking).