Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was featured on week 33 of my food blog, "Travel by Stove." I am attempting to cook on meal from every nation on Earth, and Bosnia Herzegovina is my 33rd stop. Unless otherwise noted, my Travel by Stove recipes are taken from authentic or traditional sources, and this recipe has been posted without any alternations or additions to the ingredients.
- 3 cups water
- 2 potatoes, peeled, cubed and boiled (medium to large)
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- remove from the heat and add the cheese, stirring until mostly melted
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the cooked potatoes and salt and boil until the potatoes start to break apart.
- Without draining the water, gently mash up the potatoes. Slowly add the cornmeal, continuing to stir. The texture should be like cream of wheat. Don't let it get too thick (you may not need all the cornmeal the recipe calls for).
- When the kacamak is done cooking add a little oil.