Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
simple and tasty
- 1 large onion, sliced
- salt, to taste
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 500 g rice
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large carrot, cut into match sticks
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄8 cup pistachios, chopped (optional, toasted in a dry frying pan)
- 1⁄4 cup blanched slivered almond (optional, toasted in a dry frying pan)
- Fry the onions in a heavy pot with 1/2 of the oil, until golden brown. Add salt, chicken cubes and spices. Add 4 1/2 cups of water. Mix well. Add rice .
- Boil until the rice is done.
- Fry carrot matchsticks in remaining 1/2 of the oil for several minutes. Remove from oil and add to rice along with dark raisins, pistachios and almonds. Mix well.