Also known as Chickpea Curry
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, cooked,drained and washed
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, mixed with water to form runny paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch asafetida powder (optional)
- hot water
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1Heat ghee and fry mustard till they begin to pop.
- 2Reduce heat, add onion, saute until translucent.
- 3Add garlic and fennel and saute for up to 5 minutes.
- 4dont let garlic burn.
- 5Reduce heat and add curry paste.
- 6Fry gently on low heat, constantly moving until water evaporates and paste darkens a little.
- 7Add tomato puree, chickpeas and tomatoes with ¼ pint hot water.
- 8Cook gently until water evaporates.
- 9Add another ¼ pint hot water and the salt, pepper and asafoetida.
- 10Cook gently until water has evaporated again leaving a dryish curry.
- 11Stir in coriander and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kabuli Channa
Serving Size: 1 (550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.7
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 660.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.9 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 15.1 g