I love White Channa a lot. Dish prepared with chana comes out so well do try this recipe. It's my creation Yo4food!!!. If required (1 tsp) Ghee can also be added. Serve hot kabuli chana masala rice with onion or cucumber raita (Dahi) and crunchy potato chips!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup kabuli channa (soaked over night)
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 3 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 3 sticks curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons refined oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon amchur powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1Boil Kabuli white Chana, adding pinch of asafoetida and 1/4 teaspoon Salt.
- 2Heat refined oil and butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, chopped green chillies and garlic-ginger paste. Add chopped onions cook till light golden brown.
- 3Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, amchur powder cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Add curry leaves, salt to taste, sugar, lime juice and little chopped fresh coriander leaves and cook well.
- 5Now add boiled White Chana cook for 5 minutes. Then add tomato puree and cook till the oil comes out on top of the curry. Add Basmati Rice and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Serve rice in a bowl and garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- 7Happy Cooking!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kabuli Chana Masala Rice
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.8
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 147.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: