Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love White Channa a lot. Dish prepared with chana comes out so well do try this recipe. It's my creation Yo4food!!!. If required (1 tsp) Ghee can also be added. Serve hot kabuli chana masala rice with onion or cucumber raita (Dahi) and crunchy potato chips!!!
- 1 cup kabuli channa (soaked over night)
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 3 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 3 sticks curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons refined oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon amchur powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white sugar
- Boil Kabuli white Chana, adding pinch of asafoetida and 1/4 teaspoon Salt.
- Heat refined oil and butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, chopped green chillies and garlic-ginger paste. Add chopped onions cook till light golden brown.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, amchur powder cook for 2 minutes.
- Add curry leaves, salt to taste, sugar, lime juice and little chopped fresh coriander leaves and cook well.
- Now add boiled White Chana cook for 5 minutes. Then add tomato puree and cook till the oil comes out on top of the curry. Add Basmati Rice and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve rice in a bowl and garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Happy Cooking!