I had this at a restaurant in Los Angeles called JAR. When the LA Times posted the recipe, I HAD to try it- delicious and easy (I have cut the butter by half)
- preheat oven to 350.
- prepare squash by washing, poking 2-4 holes into center with sharp knife.
- bake whole squash in oven for 60-90 minutes, until soft.
- when squash is done, cut in half, remove seeds and fibers, and scrape flesh from skin into a bowl, mash but do not puree squash.
- melt butter in a large skillet.
- add sage leaves and fry until crisp 1-2 minutes.
- add leek and salt and continue heating 2-5 minutes until leeks are soft and translucent.
- now add squash to skillet and mix until all butter is incorporated.