1/1 Photo of Kabocha Squash and Sweet Potato Soup With Adzuki Beans
4 hrs 19 mins
1 hr 19 mins
I was macrobiotic for a few years in the mid 2000′s. Kabocha squash cooked with adzuki beans is their staple dish and I used to eat that all the time along with cooked brown rice. The other day I thought I should try making a soup version of this dish, and here is what I came up with. For more healthy gluten-free recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium size pan, place adzuki beans and cover with enough water. Bring it to boil, turn off heat and drain.
- 2Add about 3 times the amount of water as beans and cook for 50 – 60 minutes until the beans are soft. (If you have a pressure cooker, it only takes about 13 – 15 minutes under pressure). Drain the water.
- 3In a soup pot, put onion, kabocha squash and sweet potato. Cover with enough water and cook until vegetables are soft.
- 4Puree the vegetables using a blender, food processor or hand blender. Add salt.
- 5Serve with cooked adzuki beans and chopped parsley on top.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kabocha Squash and Sweet Potato Soup With Adzuki Beans
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 219.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: