Delicious served with hot rice. This recipe works better if you use flattened skewers so that the meat doesn't roll when you turn it. Overnight chilling not included in preparation time. Use a spacer between the grill grates and the skewers to prevent meat sticking or spray the grates liberally with cooking spray before heating the grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain the juice from the grated onion very well.
- 2Mix all ingredients well; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Divide the meat into 10-12 portions.
- 4Press each portion around long metal skewers and shape evenly (you're looking for a sausage shape).
- 5Place the skewers a few inches away from the grill coals.
- 6Turn frequently to brown and then cook each side for a few minutes.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kabab Kubideh - Persian Grilled Ground Meat
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 235.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g