Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious served with hot rice. This recipe works better if you use flattened skewers so that the meat doesn't roll when you turn it. Overnight chilling not included in preparation time. Use a spacer between the grill grates and the skewers to prevent meat sticking or spray the grates liberally with cooking spray before heating the grill.
- Drain the juice from the grated onion very well.
- Mix all ingredients well; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide the meat into 10-12 portions.
- Press each portion around long metal skewers and shape evenly (you're looking for a sausage shape).
- Place the skewers a few inches away from the grill coals.
- Turn frequently to brown and then cook each side for a few minutes.