Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Dutch finger sandwich. With soup or as an appetizer. Great for tea parties.Make ahead and chill. Prep time takes about 3 1/2 hours in all. But Zaar would not allow the 1/2 hour in recipe.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 egg yolks, boiled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons gouda cheese
- 4 thin slices dark pumpernickel bread
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Beat butter til soft.
- Add egg yolks, salt, pepper, worcestershire, cheese, and mustard mix til smooth.
- Spread thick on slice of bread.
- as thick as the bread.
- Top with bread and add another layer of spread, add bread on top.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and chill at least 2 1/2 hours.
- Cut into ladyfinger sized strips.