Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dutch Cheese Truffles
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup gouda cheese or 1 cup edam cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices stale drk pumpernickel bread, finely crumbled
- Mix butter, cheese, salt, pepper, cayenne and worcestersire til well blended and smooth.
- Shape into balls 1 inch balls, roll in bread crumbs.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
These were okay but not special - really just tasted of the cheese, though the pumpernickel coating was good - and were rather 'heavy'. I may try again, adding some finely chopped green onion and possibly replacing some of the butter with cream cheese.
These were so easy to make and tasted fabulous (I have a great fondness for pumpernickel bread). This recipe would be delicious as part of an antipasto plate. Thanks for posting this recipe, I'll definitely be making it again.