Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my favorite shortbread since I was a little girl. My mom always made the best Kaastengels in the world, anyway I found this recipe in the net. I have not asked her how to made hers. Enjoy..
- 125 g salted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 25 g cornstarch
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g grated matured edam cheese or 100 g gouda cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- Mix butter, egg yolks with a mixer then add the grated matured cheese.
- Knead in the mixture together with flour, maizena and baking powder.
- Roll the dough and cut into small rectangles about 1x3 cm.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Place rectangles onto grease trays.
- Brush each one with the egg yolk and sprinkle with grated cheddar.
- Bake until done about 15 minutes.
These were delicious! I was craving some kind of cheese cookies and this recipe was fabulous. It's also nice with a little mustard with the cheese on top. Very rich flaky soft shortbread. Thank you