Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my favorite shortbread since I was a little girl. My mom always made the best Kaastengels in the world, anyway I found this recipe in the net. I have not asked her how to made hers. Enjoy..
- Mix butter, egg yolks with a mixer then add the grated matured cheese.
- Knead in the mixture together with flour, maizena and baking powder.
- Roll the dough and cut into small rectangles about 1x3 cm.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Place rectangles onto grease trays.
- Brush each one with the egg yolk and sprinkle with grated cheddar.
- Bake until done about 15 minutes.