Kaandha Poha is a traditional Indian (Maharashtrian) snack or vegetarian main dish that has several variations. In some orthodox families, this is a breakfast speciality! Poha = beaten rice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml beaten rice (poha)
- 7.39 ml vegetable oil
- 2.46 ml mustard seeds
- 2.46 ml Urad Dal (split black gram)
- 0.59 ml turmeric powder
- 1 green chili pepper, slit lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small potato, peeled,diced
- 29.58 ml water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4.92 ml chopped coriander leaves
- 1Soak poha in enough water to cover (NOT the 2 tablespoons of water) for 5 minutes.
- 2Drain and squeeze out excess water, working in batches of handfuls.
- 3Heat oil in a skillet and add the mustard seeds, Urad dal, turmeric, and slit green chili.
- 4When the mustard seeds start to sputter, add the onion and potato and saute for 5 minutes.
- 5Add salt and 2 tablespoons of water, and cover.
- 6After 5 minutes, uncover, add the poha and saute for another 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from flame add the lime juice and garnish with chopped coriander.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kaandha Poha (Maharashtrian Potato-Onion Beaten Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.2
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: