Posted for ZWT6 North Africa/Middle East leg of tour. A traditional Libyan dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- 2Cream together the sugar and eggs.
- 3Whisk in the oil, orange juice and tahini.
- 4Add the flour and baking powder and bring together. You should have a stiff dough.
- 5Turn the mixture onto a lightly-floured work surface and roll out to about 6mm thickness.
- 6Cut into ka'ak shapes (typically crescents), transfer to a lightly-greased baking tray.
- 7Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a light golden brown. Remove from the oven, sprinkle a little caster sugar over the top then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kaak Lebi Hilw (Orange and Cumin Biscuits)
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1414.0
- Calories from Fat 558
- Total Fat 62.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 221.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 192.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 55.9 g
- Protein 22.5 g