Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for ZWT6 North Africa/Middle East leg of tour. A traditional Libyan dish.
Make and share this Kaak Lebi Hilw (Orange and Cumin Biscuits) recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Cream together the sugar and eggs.
- Whisk in the oil, orange juice and tahini.
- Add the flour and baking powder and bring together. You should have a stiff dough.
- Turn the mixture onto a lightly-floured work surface and roll out to about 6mm thickness.
- Cut into ka'ak shapes (typically crescents), transfer to a lightly-greased baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a light golden brown. Remove from the oven, sprinkle a little caster sugar over the top then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.