Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just love King Arthur Flour recipes and this is no exception. The added coconut makes this sound so good to me and I"m wondering if maybe even some shopped pecans might be good. They say you can bake in differant type of pans, popover (which I'll be using) or muffin pans. I can't wait for my zucchini to come in so I can make a batch of this up.
- 2 eggs, large
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups grated zucchini, unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup toasted coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a standard popovr pan, mini popover pan or 12 cup muffin pan.
- Combine eggs, honey, oil, sugar and coconut flavor until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Stir in zucchini and coconut.
- Scopp batter into wells of pan: 1/2 cup for popover pan, 2 tablespoons for mini popover pan and 1/4 cup for muffin pan.
- Bake for 24-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Mix in milk.
- Dunk top of each bread into glaze and sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desiered.
I made this as a loaf. Used a standard loaf pan and baked 50 minutes. I didn't use the glaze, but will try it next time. The bread was very moist and flavorful, and loved the coconut in it.