1/1 Photo of K-Lusters (No Bake Cookies)
Chewy, peanut-buttery, not too sweet, and very addictive! This is a childhood favorite (I was a child in the 70's), and I'm surprised not to find the recipe anywhere online. I would have thought it as common as the chocolate oatmeal no-bake cookies that are everywhere, with many variations. K-Lusters get rave reviews from everyone who tries them, and are great to make in the summer when you don't want to turn on the oven. (I grew up in a tropical climate, and this was often our reason for making them!) The recipe would also be good to take on a camping trip--you could stir up a batch in the afternoon and thrill everyone around the campfire that evening! My recipe is from a community cookbook published by missionary wives in the Philippines, but I've always assumed the name came from "Special K' or was on a Kellogg's corn flakes box. That's just a guess, however, since I haven't learned anything from my online research.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar and corn syrup in a large saucepan, then bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 2Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- 3Add the corn flakes and stir until mixture is well combined.
- 4Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper or a buttered cookie sheet, pressing together a bit with your fingers if necessary. Let cookies cool at room temperature until firm.
- 5Alternatively, you may press the mixture into a buttered 8 or 9 inch square pan, and cut into squares when cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for K-Lusters (No Bake Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.6
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 100.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g