Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
As simple as it gets. From the Minnesota Scandinavian chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Mix the first four ingredients together thoroughly, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Add to prepared vegetables, toss lightly together until well mixed.
- Pile in a serving dish and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Wonderful! Very easy and tasty! The only change I did make was to cut the salt in half (my heart thing). I did opt for using white vinegar and it is so good.
This was surprisingly good and as easy as it looks. I used red wine vinegar and would use a red onion next time, both for the color splash as well as for its sweeter and milder flavor.