Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen - http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com
Make and share this K.k. Sbd Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4-1 cup diced cooked chicken (1 chicken breast)
- 2 -3 cups washed and torn romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated lowfat Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
chipotle ranch dressing (use 3-4 tablespoons)
- 2 cups ranch dressing (i use a packet where you add buttermilk and mayonnaise)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (I used Pace Picante Sauce Mild)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground dried chipotle powder
- Mix diced chicken with desired amount of salad dressing and set aside while you prep other ingredients. Combine lettuce, red pepper and cilantro in large mixing bowl (not the bowl you're serving salad in.) Stir in chicken with dressing and mix lightly, until dressing is distributed throughout salad. Sprinkle with cheese and stir gently a few more times, then serve.
- Put salsa in food processor and puree about one minute with steel blade. (Could use a blender or immersion blender.) Add Ranch Dressing and ground Chipotle and process 30 seconds more, or until well combined.