Recipe by MissLinguist
My friend is from Azerbaijan, and this is one of the recipes she taught me. It's very easy
Top Review by Nigulya
Very delicious!!! Easy to cook and healthy meal. I'm from Azerbaijan and have to mention that usually we cover kuku after turning the wedges over. Thank you for posting this recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 cups spinach (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 green onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop spinach, cilantro, and green onion. The more finely you can chop the greens, the better. Discard the cilantro stems.
- Mix greens with salt.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Add the egg and mix well. The amount of egg is the most important for this recipe. The egg should lightly coat the greens.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Spread the mixture in the hot pan. Use a rubber spatula to make sure the mixture is spread evenly and that it is patted flat on top.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes on one side. Cut with a spatula into 4 wedges and allow oil to run between the wedges. Cook 5-10 minuntes more, or until the cooked side is golden brown.
- Turn wedges over, and cook the other side for 5-10 minutes, until it is fully cooked and lightly brown.