Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I ate this when I lived in Hawaii. Now I make it because its good!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper (or to taste)
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 6 green onions, sliced thin end to end
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup celery, chopped fine
- Whisk 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 cup mayo, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper in bowl set aside.
- Bring 4 quarts of salted water to boil in large pot. Add pasta and cook until very soft, about 15 minutes. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add vinegar and toss until absorbed. Transfer to bowl. Cool pasta 10 minutes, then stir in dressing until pasta is well coated. Cool completely.
- Add scallions, carrot, celery, 1/2 cup milk,1 cup mayo stir to combine.Now add to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to large serving bowl and refrigerate, covered, for at least one hour or up to two days.
- Add peas, broccoli diced ham ect. to make your own signature dish :).
I was great I added red and yellow bellpepper and cucumber instead of carrots. Thank you for your sauce mixture it is very good. Thank you