Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Something a little different
- 24 lean chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 cup oil
- Thoroughly whisk together the dark brown sugar, chili powder, sweet smoked paprika, ground cumin, hot cayenne pepper, ground garlic powder, ground mustard powder, table salt, and black pepper.
- Evenly coat each chicken wing with the pure vegetable oil.
- With the dry rub in a shaker evenly coat chicken generously.
- Evenly coat with the seasonings and save remaining seasoning.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook 30-45 minutes or until desired texture is achieved.
- At about the half way baking marker, sprinkle the remaining seasonings over the top of the baking chicken.
Not sure what the others are talking about with it needing more salt, if you are using Kosher salt not table salt it's perfect. <br/><br/>These are the best wings I have ever had.
Not bad, but I agree with the other commenter that it needed more salt, maybe even less brown sugar. Also, some onion powder would have helped. The smoked paprika was interesting, I never realized how strong that stuff is.
Excellent flavor on the grill. For run I made the rub as listed, split it in half, and added a ranch dressing mix packet to one. I grilled my wings, turned out fantastic.