Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
I don't like pasta salad, but I sure do like this one!
- 16 ounces rotelle pasta
- 16 cups water
- 5 tablespoons chicken soup base, paste
- 2 teaspoons turmeric (optional for color)
- 16 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped (reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in 1/2 (1/4 cup diced fine)
- 1 cup green onion, chopped (end to end)
- 2 teaspoons pepper (fresh ground)
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce, sliced thin and diced
- 1.) Combine mayo, lemon juice, sugar, pepper, green onion, bacon fat, diced tomatoes chopped fine and 3 strips bacon(chopped fine) for the dressing. Let set overnight for best flavor!
- 2.) Bring water to boil, and add chicken soup base paste and turmeric and cook pasta as directed. (my pasta is bright yellow and presentation is very colorful).
- 3.) Combine all remaining ingredients except lettuce. Season with salt if needed. Reserve some bacon and tomato for garnish on top of lettuce. Layer lettuce first then garnish on top when serving.