Prep 3 hrs
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
A very unique tasting chili of smoke and citrus. Peerfect heat to wow the crowd!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs coarse ground ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cubed chuck
- 3 slices bacon, thick sliced Diced
- 3 cups onions, diced
- 1⁄3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried chipotle peppers (rehydrated and pureed)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes (like Rotel)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons cumin
- 4 tablespoons dark chili powder
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon tajin seasoning (Chili-Lime)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup water, that you used to hydrate dried chipotles (if not bitter)
- 4 (14 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.* Heat dried (seeded and deveined) chipotle on skillet untill hot, do not burn! Soak chipotle in hot H2O for 30 minutes Puree fine (2 tbs total).
- 2. Cook bacon till crisp, remove, save bacon fat for meat mixture.
- 3.Brown meat mixture, in bacon fat, with onions and peppers in dutch oven.
- 4. Drain excess grease and add tomatoes, crisp bacon, seasonings, and water, bring to a boil.
- 5. Add beans, lime juice cover and simmer 2 hours.