Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
For coconut lovers I personally found this pie a DELIGHT....I tried to make /duplicate the K and W Buttered coconut pie around 5 times before I was satisfied with this recipe...I do love a coconut cream and coconut custard pie as well, but this is a bit different and special....I wanted to share this with Food.com and would appreciate your feedback! ENJOY! It is as easy as PIE!
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (7 ounce) bag coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Beat the eggs and sugar together --
- then add the butter and whip --
- add the rest of the ingredients and fold the coconut in last --
- pour in an unbaked pie shell and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour until set -- cool --
- may serve with or without whipped cream -- when I experienced this pie at K and W Cafeteria they did not serve it with any whipped cream -- .
Just perfect, follow receipe exactly, however, you need to use a deep dish pie shell or you will have too much custard. My family and friends LOVE IT. THANKS AND ENJOY.