Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's just an average thing a person can put together. There's nothing particularly special about it. On the other hand the dressing makes it interesting.
- 4 cups teared lettuce
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 3 small garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Put the vegetables and green onions in a bowl and toss in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl add the garlic, vegetable oil, lemon juice, and seasonings together.
- Whisk until well blended.
- Add to salad and toss again.
- Let chill for up to four hours.
This made a quick and easy salad with just the right amount of dressing for the lettuce I used. I used torn romaine and considerably more than the recipe called for. I had some sliced black olives in the fridge and tossed in a few of those, tossed the salad and allowed it to chill while I cooked dinner.
I used baby greens, yellow peper that was nice and sweet. Made the dressing using dried herbs,1 teaspoon each because I was nnot sure if it was fresh or dried. Glad I cut back on the herbs. Nice and lively!
Easy, quick and good too! The lemon juice gave it a fresh taste. Thanks!