Recipe by KitchenMistress
This incredible mix of unique ingredients creates a cold salad that will melt in your mouth. It looks, tastes, and serves like a gourmet side dish you'd be served at a very expensive garden luncheon, because it was. My aunt, is an annual winner of the Newport Beach, CA Home and Garden Tour. She serves this on the tour to the guests at her 5 million dollar home, and is always prepared with printed recipes to accommodate all the requests. Serve this to your next crowd, and you'll be the bell of the ball. It serves a large group!
Top Review by ShellBellChef
We really liked this! I made a small batch for a family gathering, because I wasn't sure my family would like it, but it tastes so fresh, they ate it all! I took it to a potluck at work, and word spread quickly, and my dish was devoured before all the others. As usual,KitchenMistress hasn't posted a recipe that we haven't loved.
- 5 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked rice, cold
- 1 1⁄2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped celery, strings removed
- 1 (13 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained, retain juice for dressing
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise, for dressing, do not use low-fat
Directions See How It's Made
- Create a marinade, by mixing oil, orange juice, vinegar, & salt. Whisk to blend. Toss into cooked Chicken and allow to marinate for several hours in a plastic bag in the refrigerator before adding other ingredients.
- In a very large bowl, gently toss all ingredients EXCEPT mayo and reserved juice.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and pineapple juice. Pour over mixed ingredients and toss.
- LET REST.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.